Saturday, August 11, 2012

Style Revival: Loafer Lovin'

Unless you live under a rock, you most likely have noticed that loafers are showing up on every corner of the fashion world. Feet everywhere are embracing the new trend by tromping around in all different styles and colors of loafers. I have too jumped on the bandwagon by purchasing myself a studded pair as well as a leopard pair. I like to think of loafers as a classier flat. It looks a little bit more "professional" and put together. Also, they make it quite easy to add visual or tactile interest to a look. I'm currently obsessed with studded everything, so when I found out that studded loafers were being sold just about everywhere it was like a dream come true.
Loafers are a great way to incorporate color or pattern into an outfit without going overboard. Or if you are less adventurous, you can always go for a classic brown or black loafer. What is really great about this trend is that there is a loafer suitable for everyone! If you want studded turquoise loafers that will make a statement you can get them! I really think I will be wearing loafers everywhere this fall. I like the way they look with a nice colored skinny jean and tailored blazer.  If you want to try out the trend, but don't want to splurge I suggest you check your local target. They have loafers in black, leopard (that's where I got mine), and glittery! How awesome is that! And because it is Target, it is extremely affordable!

Are you going to try out the loafer trend? If so, what color/pattern of loafer are you going to get? Let me know below! :) 

My Loafers:
Leopard: Target
Studded: Nine West

No comments:

Post a Comment