Thursday, August 9, 2012

Trendy Topics: Oxford Obsession


Ever since summer 2011, I have been completely obsessed with oxfords. I really can't put a finger on why they are my shoe of choice, but they are. There is just something about them that makes me want to purchase a pair every time I stumble across them at a store. That is why I currently have four pairs. I have absolutely no self control when it comes to oxfords. I really think that just by throwing on a pair of oxfords, it gives your look a little bit more of a whimsical and vintage vibe. And I'm all about anything vintage.

 If you haven't already bought yourself a pair of oxfords, I suggest you do so because they really go with everything. As you can tell from the photos above, the rich, dark brown pair (my first pair of oxfords I purchased last summer) are completely worn, torn and destroyed. I literally wore them everyday this past school year. Although I am a bit sad that the aren't as perfect as they were when I first bought them, I still wear them because I think the "worn out" look gives them character and they are easily identifiable as my shoes.

I was given the two glittery pair for my birthday later in the year and they are perfection. I mean, every oxford obsessed person has to at least have one pair of glittery oxfords and I am fortunate enough to have two! My last pair of tan ones were purchased this spring. I ended up buying another  because I found them at such a great price I could not pass them up.

Although loafers are the new "it" shoe for this fall, I really think incorporating a nice pair of oxfords into your wardrobe is worthwhile. Oxfords are a classic pair of shoes that you really can't go wrong with and can mesh with just about any fashion style you may have. Even just throwing them on with a floral dress or rolled skinny jeans can add just enough vintage cuteness to your outfit.

If you would like to purchase a pair I suggest you check out http://www.modcloth.com/shop/search?keyword=oxford. They have tons of cute pairs! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment