Monday, August 6, 2012

Upcycling: Studs And Lace Collar


Upcycling is one of my many fashion related hobbies and given all of the free time I have had in the summer, I have really been able to get creative! This is one of the current articles of clothing I upcycled. It began as a collared, mint green button down shirt with sleeves. I got this from a local thrift store for only $3.00!

What I did:
I began my project my completely removing the sleeves and hemming the rough edges of where I cut to create a collared tank/shirt. I then used a coral lace I had recently gotten from a fabric store (I got it on sale for only $0.75 a yard! What a steal!) and cut it to fit around the collar and sewed it on! Lastly, I added two gold studs to the tips of the collar to add just a little extra cuteness, because you can never have too much cuteness. :) I really think the mint green and coral accent eachother quite nicely!

How simple is that! And what is even better than having a new, cute, one-of-a-kind shirt is that it only cost (including all supplies used) about $3.75!

Do you like to upcycle? What are some of your favorite things you have upcycled? Would you like a step-by-step tutorial on how to achieve this?
Let me know! I'd love to hear what you have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment